- Morgan West finishes in top six at elite triathlon event
- Ian McGilloway gets third place M45 in British Masters 10 mile champs
- Stuart Erskine PBs at Deal Parkrun
Folkestone RC’s elite junior triathlete Morgan West continued his excellent form in the British Triathlon Super Series at Blenheim Palace on Sunday. Despite the heat, he finished the elite event (750m swim/19.8km bike/5.4km run) in 01:03:55, placing a superb 6th in the junior category and 18th overall.
East Kent Relays Race 2 Minnis Bay – Tue 28 May
The club are still very much in contention in all leagues and categories that they are fielding teams.
In the A League:
- Senior – Held off a strong challege from Ashford and District to move up to second place
- Vet 35 – Moved up to joint second and a point behind Dover
- Vet 45 – Held on to third place
- Vet 55 – Held on to third place
- Senior – In second place one point off first
- Vet 40 – Extended their lead at the top to four points
- Vet 50 – In second place one point off first
- Vet 60 – In fourth place
In the B League:
- V35 – Tied equal first
- V55 – Still in first place
- Senior – Moved up into joint first with South Kent
- V40 – Moved from first to second with a point in it
- V50 – Currently mid-table in fourth
Dorking 10 Mile
On Sunday Ian McGilloway competed in the British Masters Athletic Federation 10 mile championship in Dorking. He finished the challenging course in 60:14 to take bronze in the M45 category and 1st M45 in the Southern Counties Veterans AC club championship which was held in the same race.
Stuart Erskine ran a parkrun PB and finished second overall in 19:10 at Walmer and Deal Seafront parkrun and Deborah Jeffery was second lady at Folkestone.
In the club’s parkrun cup at Folkestone parkrun, Jody Stoakes moved into round two after a great battle with Trudi Curd. Both smashed their targets, but Jody scored higher winning the tie 104.2 against 101.8. In the other tie Carolyn Lewis edged Torben Jessen 99.7 to 98.1. The parkrun cup is an inclusive competition where runners get a percentage score based on their own season’s best time.
Parkrun Round up
Bedfont Lakes parkrun
Diane PARSONS (36:30)
Alan VIGRASS (27:34)
Tim WARREN (23:48), Angela WARREN (29:02)
Torben JESSEN (19:03),2nd lady Deborah JEFFERY (20:45),Daren WILD (20:49),Christopher WOOLGAR (21:56),Richard FOWLES (22:18),Caroline CURTIS (23:31),Anthony SCOTT (23:37),Andrew SMITH (23:39),Kirsty WILSON (24:21),Ellie HAYES (24:21),Clive ALLON (24:31),Catriona WATTS (24:36),Vicky SCOTT (24:39),Ivana COLLIER (24:41),Jody STOAKES (24:43),Linda ROBSON (24:52) PB,Carolyn LEWIS (25:38),Philip MAULL (25:41),Richard DYER (26:53),Trudi CURD (28:13),Luke FOWLES (28:54),Elizabeth TEW (30:03),Paul JAMES (30:45),Liam CUMBER (35:19),Nicola JAMES (38:38),David RODACAN (50:51)
Walmer and Deal Seafront parkrun
2nd overall Stuart ERSKINE (19:13) PB
Folkestone Running Club and Folkestone Running Club Juniors is a small friendly club for runners from beginners to elite, and of any age from 13 years upwards. We train Tuesdays and Thursdays 6.30pm to 8pm at Three Hills Sports Park, Cheriton Road, Folkestone CT19 5JU. We also coach primary 1 to secondary year 7 in athletics events: running, jumping and throwing. Training is Tuesday and Thursday 5-6.00pm up to school year 5, 6-7pm for advanced year 5s, and 7-8pm school year 6 and 7. Find out more at www.folkestonerunningclub.co.uk