Last updated: 18 July 2018
There is no specific legislation which requires us to protect the health and safety of our members. However, we wish to ensure that:
- all activities run or organised by us
- any equipment owned by us
- any facilities provided by us that fall under our control
…are safe and as free of risk as reasonably practical.
To achieve this we will:
- Provide health and safety information to it’s members on our website or by hard-copy, if requested, to allow members to make informed decisions about how best to manage their own health and safety when participating in running activities.
- Ensure that all name club coaches are appropriately trained and competent to provide advice and guidance to members; and are covered by suitable insurance whilst performing their duties.
- Ensure that any race organised by the club, where an entry fee is charged, is subject to a formal documented risk assessment and the production of an event health and safety plan.
- Review and update the health and safety policy and associated guidance as appropriate to ensure it reflects the values of the club and continues to provide appropriate risk based guidance.