Last updated: 18 July 2018
There is no specific legislation which requires us to protect the health and safety of our members. However, we wish to ensure that:
- all activities run or organised by us
- any equipment owned by us
- any facilities provided by us that fall under our control
…are safe and as free of risk as reasonably practical.
To achieve this we will:
- Provide health and safety information to it’s members on our website or by hard-copy, if requested, to allow members to make informed decisions about how best to manage their own health and safety when participating in running activities.
- Ensure that all name club coaches are appropriately trained and competent to provide advice and guidance to members; and are covered by suitable insurance whilst performing their duties.
- Ensure that any race organised by the club, where an entry fee is charged, is subject to a formal documented risk assessment and the production of an event health and safety plan.
- Review and update the health and safety policy and associated guidance as appropriate to ensure it reflects the values of the club and continues to provide appropriate risk based guidance.
Read our risk assessment for leading runs on road or trail