We are proud to welcome any runner or supporter regardless of any sensory, cognitive or physical impairment.
To discuss how our training can accommodate a particular impairment please contact:
Our website is maintained by volunteers with limited knowledge of website development. However we committed to ensuring that anyone can access, read and understand our website regardless of any sensory, cognitive or physical impairment.
Initially we will:
- provide text alternates for any non-text media such as images or videos.
- write in Plain English, avoid jargon and explain complicated or unfamiliar words
- structure pages in a logical order and use correct headings and mark up
- give each link a descriptive name and never use ‘click here’ or similar.
We will not use:
- image or colour alone to convey important content
- moving elements such as image carousels or autoplaying videos
- flashing videos or excessive pop-ups
- pdfs where we can feature the content on a webpage.
We aim to comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) and will target compliance at level A by March 2020.